The OCE was officially launched the 16th of March 2018 in Paris at the foundation Simone & Cino Del Duca in an opened session gathering the founders members: Foundation La main à la pate, Institut Pierre-Simon Laplace, Météo-France, Institut de Recherche pour le développement, association Météo & Climat and some of its partners :
In France : Centre International de Recherche sur l’environnement et le développement, Foundation Luciole, Ministry of National Education, Museum d’Histoire Naturelle, Foundation TARA, Albédo Climat.
At the International level : IPCC (TSU-WG1), Siemens Stiftung (Germany), Postdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (Germany), Freie Universität Berlin (Germany), Dublin Institute of Education (Ireland), Foundation for Environmental Education (Netherlands), Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay), University of California Office of the president (USA).
The following speakers presented the project and the role of their institutions inside OCE:
- Hervé LE TREUT, Member of the Académie des Sciences, director of the IPSL
- Anne GUILLAUME (replacing Jean Jouzel), Secretary general, Météo & Climat
- Marie-Lise SABRIE, Director of the scientific and technological culture of the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement
- Christine NIEWÖHNER, Responsible of the Scientific Education of the Siemens foundation
- Sylvain MONDON, Chief of the institutional missions department at Météo-France, coordinator of the national consultation for a new adaptation to changing climate action plan (PNACC)
- Pierre LENA, Member of the Académie des Sciences and honorary president of the foundation La main à la pâte
- David WILGENBUS, Chief executive of the Office for Climate Education